Ministry Development Committee
The Ministry Development Committee (MDC) is responsible to the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria for the work of building, revitalising and promoting healthy churches.
Our work is done in conjunction with presbyteries, which have the primary responsibility for the health of congregations within their bounds.
Our work involves providing assistance to maintain the health and vitality of existing congregations which from time to time may include:
- church consultancy where requested by churches and also where financial assistance is being sought for long and short term maintenance of ministry;
- helping congregations re-engage with their task of evangelising their communities through leadership motivation and goal-setting, congregational training and demographic studies;
- the recruiting, training and provision of intentional interim-moderators;
- provision of support to home missionaries and home mission charges including recruitment, training, placement, supervision and oversight of home missionaries;
- support of the existing ministerial workforce including ministers’ retreats and continuing education;
- the administration of financial support to existing charges where such support falls within the sphere of the committee’s responsibilities.
Our Ministry Development Officer Rev Chris Siriweera began his appointment on 1st June 2018.